Have you been struggling with high blood pressure? Maybe you have been struggling to find a solution that will help bring your blood pressure down to a more manageable, and healthy level? Maybe it’s time to try bringing CBD oil into your lifestyle. Will CBD oil lower blood pressure, though? Let’s take a look at the scientific reasoning behind why CBD oil will help you lower your blood pressure.
So, Will CBD Oil Lower Blood Pressure?
Simply put, yes. There is scientific backing that does support the case that consuming CBD oil will in fact help lower your blood pressure. In fact, a study published in the National Library of Medicine goes as far to argue that a singular dose of CBD oil can influence your blood pressure by lowering it.
Curious About Cannabidiol (CBD)?
If you have never tried cannabidiol, or CBD, before, or have not researched it, then it is only natural that you may feel a little bit apprehensive about the product. First things first: CBD stands for cannabidiol, a plant chemical in cannabis. Consuming CBD oil will not make you ‘high’ nor is it like ‘smoking weed’.
Many people think that since CBD comes from cannabis, it will get them high. The high people experience comes from the THC content, not the CBD content. There is little to no THC in CBD products.
CBD, or to give it its full name cannabidiol, is an active cannabinoid found in cannabis plants.
Other Benefits Of CBD Oil
While research into the full benefits and drawbacks of CBD oil is still ongoing, there are a few notable positives of consuming CBD oil that have the full backing of scientific findings. These are:
- An improvement in both your sleep schedule and the quality of sleep that you will be able to achieve
- Lowering of your stress levels and anxiety that you may be currently suffering from
- Pain relief, even with chronic pain illnesses
- If you struggle with addition or addictive tendencies, you may find that CBD oil could help you fight other addictions
- For those suffering with PTSD, you may find that CBD oil will lessen your symptoms
- CBD oil has even been proven to help people suffering from specific illnesses, such as ALS, neurological diseases, and select epilepsy syndromes
Related: CBD Tincture Benefits
How to Take CBD Oil for Blood Pressure
There is no standard dosing issued by any medical bodies for exactly how much CBD oil you should take to help your blood pressure. Even the FDA hasn’t authorized CBD for use as a dietary supplement yet, despite the large amount of reported success people have had with CBD, and the large number of successful studies on it.
That said, most CBD products for sale come with instructions on the label that include how to take it, how much CBD is in each dose, and some other important information. Follow the label on your CBD oil for best results.
Also, consider talking to your doctor about how to take CBD oil for blood pressure.
Discover: CBD Oil For Sleep by New Phase Blends
How Does CBD Oil Work To Lower Your Blood Pressure?
It is not yet fully understood how CBD oil works to lower an individual’s blood pressure. Scientists all around the world are still experimenting with the hope of being able to answer that question one day. But, for now, we do have some answers.
First, we already know that CBD oil works to lower stress levels and anxiety in consumers.
Related: THC or CBD for Anxiety?
The study titled “A Systematic Review And Meta-Analysis Of The Haemodynamic Effects Of Cannabidiol”, found that it is perhaps the stress reducing qualities of CBD oil that is helping consumers lower their blood pressure.
It is well proven that having high stress levels can be a major contributor to a rising blood pressure. If an individual has high stress levels and a high blood pressure, it is believed that CBD oil may work to reduce both of these issues to a more manageable level.
Another school of thought suggests that it is in fact CBD oils’ way of improving the flow of blood in your body that might be aiding the reduction in blood pressure. The study titled “Vasodilatory Effects Of Cannabidiol In Human Pulmonary And Rat Small Mesenteric Arteries: Modification By Hypertension And The Potential Pharmacological Opportunities”, found that CBD oil may help to widen the blood vessels within your body, and can also have a vasodilatory effect on humans.
Are There Any Side Risks Involved With Consuming CBD Oil?
There is no ‘at home’ remedy, medication, or alternative solution in the entire world that does not have some form of drawback. You should never start consuming something new and putting it into your body without knowing both sides of the story.
There are a few select risks and situational drawbacks that you should be made aware of before you decide to consume CBD oil.
- Are you pregnant or breastfeeding your baby? If so, then you should be made aware that there is currently not enough significant scientific data that can determine whether consuming CBD oil while pregnant or breastfeeding will have either a positive or negative impact on either your unborn child or newborn.
- Be cautious if you are about to get behind the wheel of a vehicle. As we briefly mentioned before, CBD oil also benefits those that have sleeping issues, such as insomnia. The calming elements of CBD oil can easily make anyone feel sleepy or drowsy, so you should avoid driving after consuming CBD oil. You could be at risk of falling asleep behind the wheel, or at the very least, you may see a reduction in your reaction time.
- CBD oil may not be a long-term solution. As of right now, there is an insufficient amount of evidence to indicate whether there are any positive or negative effects for those that choose to consume CBD oil in the long-term. Of course, there is research currently being conducted to prove this either way, but as of yet, there is no proven scientific evidence.
What Are The Side-Effects of CBD Oil?
Like any other form of medication, CBD oil comes with its own various side effects, which include:
- A dry mouth.
- Drowsiness and fatigue.
- Loss of appetite.
- Diarrhea or an upset stomach.
- You may feel nauseous.
Which CBD Oil is Best for High Blood Pressure?
New Phase Blends has a product line of pure CBD oil called Pure. These CBD tinctures come in different strengths, and spectrums, depending on what you want.
You can choose either 1000 mg of CBD per tincture, or 2000 mg per. Their flavors are citrus, or natural mint, and both taste great. This is truly one of the most effect CBD oils on the market place. You can try it in gummy or CBD capsule form as well, should you prefer a different type of cannabidiol product for your blood pressure.
Can CBD Cause Heart Problems?
There are no known instances of CBD causing heart problems in people. While research is somewhat lacking when it comes to CBD and the cardiovascular system, it is believed that CBD has no negative effects on your heart, or major arteries surrounding the heart. If you are using CBD and experience heart issues, consult with your doctor immediately.
Summary – CBD Oil and High Blood Pressure
So, will CBD oil lower blood pressure levels? Yes, it has the potential to.
There is scientific backing that can confirm that CBD oil can work to lower an individual’s blood pressure, especially if the reasoning behind the high blood pressure in the first place is due to high stress levels.
There is still a large amount of ongoing research on this subject matter to understand the true potential of CBD oil and its benefits surrounding managing blood pressure levels. If you are hoping to start consuming CBD to help reduce your blood pressure to a healthier level, it is always advised that you either contact your doctor or read up on the risks, situational limitations, and side-effects.