What is Considered High-Strength CBD Oil?A vast majority of CBD tinctures come in 1,000mg strengths. This equals about 33mg of CBD per 1mL serving, which is quite common. As you start to go over this 33mg serving, you slowly approach the world of high-strength CBD. I would consider around a 50mg CBD serving as high-strength. You will likely run into 2,000mg CBD products. In a 30mL tincture form, this equals roughly 66mg of CBD per serving. That is definitely a high-strength CBD serving, if you’re asking me. This serving size may work great for you. It also may be too much. We will cover this below.
Ingredients of a Strong 2000mg CBD TinctureIf you’re in the market for a high-strength CBD tincture, you are probably already aware of the many health benefits of broad and full-spectrum cannabidiol, or CBD. You may notice that many companies use MCT oil as a carrier, but what is MCT oil? Why is this important? Olive oil, vegetable oil, MCT oil…they are all basically the same right? Pictured above: ‘pure’ by New Phase Blends comes in 1,000mg and 2,000mg strengths. Wholesale customers can order up to 12,000mg tinctures! WRONG! The MCT in “MCT oil” stands for Medium Chain Triglycerides, and at their most basic form, triglycerides are essentially fats. More specifically, triglycerides are saturated fatty acids that optimize the way cannabidiol is absorbed in the gut and into the bloodstream. There are also a lot of benefits to using quality, organic oils like MCT oil. Take a look at some of these benefits:
- Your body quickly absorbs and uses MCT oil. This means that it serves as a readily available form of energy, and your brain thrives off of MCT oil use.
- Did you know that MCT oil research shows that weight and fat loss are improved when using MCT oil? Indirectly, this may help decrease the risk of heart disease.
- If you are among those who use fats as an energy source (ie: keto diet, low carb diet, carnivore diet), MCT can actually help prevent lactic acid buildup.
Carrier Oils for Maximum Strength CBDA carrier oil is just extra oil that is added to the CBD-rich hemp extract when making 2,000mg CBD drops, or other CBD products. The hemp extract is in an oil concentrate form, so adding oil to it can dilute the concentrate until it becomes 1) tolerable for taste and 2) at a strength that you want the product to be. The carrier oil “carries” the oil into your system.
- Using MCT oil ensures that a higher concentration of cannabidiol eventually enters the bloodstream after digestion.
- When MCT oil is used as a carrier for CBD, cannabidiol enters the bloodstream faster, resulting in faster relief from pain and inflammation.
- MCT oil is widely used by professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts, thanks to the body being able to quickly metabolize medium-chain triglycerides into energy. Google the “bullet proof coffee” and see why fitness enthusiasts love MCT oil. It’s quite interesting.
Fun fact: Because MCT oil is so easy for us to metabolize, many people experience a significant energy boost when using 2,000mg CBD drops
Potential Benefits of High-Strength 2,000mg CBD DropsAt New Phase Blends, we produce full and broad-spectrum CBD oil in strengths of 500mg, 1,000mg, and 2,000mg. Our wholesale CBD account holders have access to even higher strengths, but our e-commerce store stops at 2,000mg of premium CBD oil tinctures. The strength of CBD oil that is right for you will depend on your previous experience with CBD, and what kind of therapeutic outcome you are hoping for. Most people who are hoping to relieve symptoms of minor anxiety or day-to-day pain will be perfectly happy by a 500mg or 1,000mg CBD tincture. At 500mg per tincture, you will receive roughly 16mg of premium CBD extract per dropper (1mL serving). A 1,000mg CBD tincture will contain roughly 33mg of CBD extract per serving.
Subscribe for exclusive discounts and more information like this article you’re reading now by entering your name and email below.[ms-form id=1]
Breakdown of Potential 2,000mg CBD UsesHowever, if you experience regular, intense pain arising from migraines, arthritis, and conditions like fibromyalgia, using high-strength CBD oil will likely be a better option. A 2,000mg high-strength CBD tincture will contain about 66mg of premium CBD per serving.
- High-strength CBD oil has been proven to help lower the frequency of severe epileptic seizures by up to 36.5%.
- The more potent cannabidiol concentrations are, the more effective CBD can be for helping treat neuro-degenerative disorders like Parkinson’s disease.
- Higher dose CBD is typically more effective at helping treat chronic pain arising from conditions like MS and spinal cord injuries.
- Many pieces of evidence also suggests that high-strength CBD oil may be able to help inhibit cancer cell growth and intra-ocular eye pressure resulting from glaucoma.
When to Use a 2,000mg CBD Oil Tincture vs. a 1,000mg Tincture?At New Phase Blends, we use of 100% organic CBD oil and high-quality MCT oil. This ensures that all of our high-strength CBD oil is 100% safe. However, if you are new to CBD, we strongly advise using a 1,000mg CBD oil tincture as opposed to a 2,000mg CBD tincture. Increase the strength as needed, but not immediately. While starting with higher doses like 2,000mg of CBD is safe, it may be that a 1,000mg dose will provide the therapeutic benefits you are looking for. This being the case, it is usually best to start with a lower dose, only increasing dosage strengths if necessary. I say this a lot, but it’s worth mentioning again: everyone will respond a little differently to CBD doses. This is because we all have different body compositions and conditions. While a 2,000mg CBD tincture may work wonders for a 24 year old, 130lb female, it may not work well at all for a 55 year old, 240lb male. Body composition affects many types of consumable products, not just CBD. Our bodies metabolize things differently, that’s just how it is. Please keep this in mind when purchasing your high-strength CBD products.
Conclusion | 2,000mg High-Strength CBD TincturesLet’s quickly recap why you would want to use a high-strength CBD product over a normal, 1,000mg CBD tincture.
- You may have more severe symptoms requiring relief.
- Has your CBD tolerance increased? It may cause you to need more CBD per serving.
- Buy the higher-strength CBD product to save on money by just halving the dose.